Sunday, November 27, 2016

The final countdown

Hey CBC,

It's really the final countdown here, I'm headed to the venue in two hours.  If you can't figure out the new IBU website (I can't).

Live results, and I assume video will be here:

http://biathlonresults.com/

Clare, Susan, Tim, and Lowell are repping the US in the mixed relay, and Leif and I will hold down the fort for the single mixed.

Now, if you click on the race name, then click "Reports," and then "Extended Start List," you get to this ridiculous list of numbers, which drops these awesome stats on me.  HEY LOOK GUYS ....THE IBU SAYS I'M FAST. Okay, that's all I needed to say.  (Who missed all those standing targets?)


Nah, actually I just dropped into this update to inform you guys that my rifle weighed in at 3.495kg on the official scale (weight limit 3.5kg!).  I'll have you know that my scale in the good old 303 (that was the area code for Boulder back in the good old days) gave me a whopping measurement of 3.522kg, so I don't know what the heck is up with theirs.  In any case, with the addition of .005kg of duct tape (the scale actually only went in increments of .005, so this is possibly only .0025kg of duct tape), my rifle passed!

It's gorgeous, right? 

Off to shoot some sh....stuff.  


-Joanne

P.S.  I attempted to coalesce all the pieces of my online presence for y'all in the succinct form of a website HERE.  Most importantly I hooked in my Instagram so you can enjoy a bunch of really bad selfies taken on a bad front camera.  Appealing, right? 
Firesteel out.

PPS.  HEARD THAT LIVE STREAM IS NOT WORKING IN THE US CURRENTLY. Change your IP address, here's the top five free ones as given by this random website.  http://codegena.com/top-5-free-vpn-software-to-hide-ip-address/

For mobile, try WhaleVPN.
Disclaimer, haven't tried any of these! Heading to venue.



No comments:

Post a Comment