Thursday, October 20, 2016

Quick update- World Cup trials

Hey CBC,

Sometimes I forget you can't read my mind and I have to write to you. Can't you hear my telepathic broadcasting? 

Round two of World Cup trials is finished. Without further ado, yes, they did give me the World Cup starts for world cups 1-3. I know, you would have been mad at me if I didn't score at least one spot for the CBC across the ocean. What happens after that, I have no idea. I assume I return for a glorious biathlon battle at SMR. Hopefully we won't be clad in the infamous and eye-shearing orange of the 2015-16 season that somehow only looked okay on Brian. Don't let him tell you different, that's definitely a women's one piece suit he's wearing. 

Susan stomped all the women in Jericho like we were doing a completely different sport, but that's okay because Susan is basically a superhero. In the first race, Susan actually PASSED me, and she was bib 10 to my 5.  I mean, it would have probably helped my case if I hit more than 2 standing targets (ouch), but she's really a force of nature. I shaped it up the second race and went 0-2 instead of 1-3, but I admit I did this by slowing my range time down by an additional 50%. (The first eight shots really went fantastic for me, though). I think that made my set of World Cup trials races 2-3-3-3 in placing, so let it never be said I don't have consistency, even if it is completely by accident. My coach was pleased because I shaved 20 seconds off my pure ski time (no range time or penalty laps) from the first day to the second. But then, it helps when you have two fewer spins around the penalty loop before you start skiing. 

To put the icing on my shooting cake I rolled back into Placid for a Tuesday time trial to hit ONE target out of ten.  So, since you guys are the masters of knowing all the funky things that go wrong with rifles, hit me with why tightening the blinder attachment on my rear sight suddenly dropped my group 15 clicks. Then I just played with the attachment and BAM- back up fifteen clicks.  More importantly, how to use this as an attack strategy so I can win colorado state championships.....

I'm on a plane back home to our very rectangular state at this moment, where I will be in residence a whopping four days before heading up to Canmore with USBA. I had a really fun packing explosion while I scrambled to remove everything I needed from Placid, in preparation for not returning until sometime in March(?) when Jericho has nationals.  I disconnected my car battery, poured gas stabilizer into that little white highlander that has carried me so far, and regretfully left it in the parking lot of the olympic training center.  I crammed everything into my ski bag in hopes that this four day window will give me time to assemble my on-snow preparedness kit (hint: include skis), and wash my collection of dirty socks I've been carrying around for the past month. 

Everyone get your snow dance outfits on, because I want grooming like we had last year when I'm back from Canmore 11/12-11/22, please. Can we send out a members digest about that? "CBC's mascot requests all-club snow dance, RSVP needed. Location: Walter's front porch."

Look for me in the BNS magazine and on fasterskier in the near future- I appear to be beginning my rise to infamy and riches.  And by that I mean broke as usual, writing to nobody in the vast empty space of the interwebs. 

See you at SMR!
-J

Results from 10/15 (sprint): Here
Results from 10/16 (sprint): Here


Results from August:
Sprint: Here
Mass start: Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment